Friday, April 08, 2005

Riding down the slippery slope...

I want to post a direct link to Euphoric Reality, where Kit has published a new story of a "mercy killing" in Georgia - with a morbid twist...


Link to Kit's story: More Legally Sanctioned Murder

My comment to Kit's story:

While I was traveling this morning, listening to talk radio, I heard this story on the Glenn Beck show. Glenn was interviewing the nephew of Mrs. Magouirk. Apparently, because of her glaucoma, her eyes cannot tear and she requires frequent drops of medication in her eyes to blink. The hospice has also withheld the drops, which apparently causes great pain (imagine your eyeballs literally drying out and shriveling INSIDE their sockets!) as the eyes go blind. Such a simple measure of human compassion has been completely withheld - for no good reason!! I cannot imagine how one would have to harden their heart to watch an elderly lady slowly and painfully die like this. I canNOT imagine…

I couldn’t wait to get home and post about it - my fingers were ITCHING! So, Kit, I am grateful that you already have, and I’m going to post your link on my blog RIGHT NOW.

UPDATE:

Here is World Net Dailynews story on this situation.

And here is a local paper's news article.